Careers with Wecounsel
Wecounsel is growing, and we need you to join our team! See below for current job openings!
- Quality Assurance Specialist
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you are the primary line of defense to ensure the software we develop and support is working as expected. You will work side by side with the product manager and development team to identify bugs, improvements and test new functionality in conjunction with regular production pushes. You have the ability to learn a complex SaaS platform to the point of fluency in a short period of time. You have a knack for finding bugs through exploratory testing and use your creativity to test the software’s durability. You have an extreme attention to detail and are regularly labeled a perfectionist by your peers. You always take the initiative and have an insatiable itch to learn. You work well within a team setting and are comfortable adhering to and improving upon established procedures and processes. You are a self-starter, ambitious, and exhibit a team-first mentality at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record and document results and compare to expected results
- Define test objectives for new features and write test cases/scripts based on external and internal design specifications.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Work closely with development and Product Manager while providing support to track, report, and verify bugs.
- Use of exploratory testing to find bugs in software
- Handle special projects/other related assignments as requested
- 2+ years experience in technical quality assurance is required.
- Ability to systematically analyze new and/or existing software functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact cohesively in an Agile team environment
- Independent and self-disciplined/self-starter
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Project management/bug-reporting tools such as Redmine
- Automated testing tools for open-source applications
- Generally tech-savvy
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum I.T. projects
Our mission is to revolutionize the way healthcare is delivered with our innovative SaaS telehealth platform. The company has two business units; WeCounsel, the leader in tele-behavioral space, and VisuWell, the next generation solution in the hospital and multi-specialty environment.
VisuWell is a highly interactive, team-based, agile development environment where you will work alongside a team of skilled, accountable and collegial software professionals. We pride ourselves on a fast-paced, get-the-job-done culture. Come make a difference with us!